Sunday, May 1, 2011

Tornadoes Across the South

As someone who lives in tornado alley, my thoughts and prayers go out to everyone in the south affected by tornadoes last week. This was the second worst tornado outbreak in U.S. history.

I've been through a few tornadoes myself. Although I've never lost my home, I know the fear of hearing tornado sirens blaring, having to seek shelter in a bathtub with my family, and wondering if a tornado would hit our house as we waited for a violent storm to pass.

In 2007, my story, A Safe Haven (about one of my tornado experiences and how our neighbors took care of us) was published in Chicken Soup for the Soul People Who Make a Difference: The Headlines You'll Never Read and was later reprinted in Hometown America.

For more information on the recent tornadoes:

Tornadoes Leave Destruction Across South

Obama ramps up recovery help for tornado-hit south

Some ways to help:

Seven Ways to Help Tornado Victims

No comments:

Post a Comment