Saturday, May 28, 2011

First Blogger Award



With all the awful news of the past week . . . moving onto positive news.

 I received my first blogger award from my Big Sur buddy, Cynthia Cheng! She said she enjoyed reading my blog. I enjoy reading hers, too. Check it out at Read is the New Black. Don't you love her blog design? Here's yet another advantage of attending writing workshops and conferencesthe awesome friends you meet.

Thanks Cynthia!

So I'll pass this on to a few of my other favorite blogger friends . . .

Ann
Cindy
Jeannie
Suzanne

If you are a blogger do you want to award some of your favorite blogger buddies, too? Here are the rules from Cynthia's blog:

1. Thank and link to the person who nominated you.
2. Share seven facts about yourself.
2. Pass the award along to buddies whose blogs epitomize said theme.
4. Contact those buddies to award theme.
5. Rules 1-4 are optional. You can adhere to them only if you wish to.

Below are seven random facts about myself. Probably more than you ever wanted to know. Right?


1. I've lived overseas for five years in two different continents and traveled to many countries.
2. I've taught English in South Korea.
3. My writing is sporadic. I don't have a set time or place. I like varied locations like the library, home, or at a coffee shop where I used to write with a friend. We chatted waaaay too much and never got much writing done, so now we just meet for lunch.
4. I don't like peanut butter. Yuck.
5. I (along with my hubby) was in a boat crash in Venice. Through a seriously thick fog, a tugboat emerged heading directly for our water bus. My hubby had a detailed plan of which window we would jump from if we collided and took on water. He told me to, "Get ready." When we crashed head-on, it sloshed our boat, jostled us around, and jacked up the front end of our boat. Luckily, we didn't have to leap into that scary, murky-green water.
6. I'm addicted to Riesen chocolate (that I hide) and caffeine free Diet Dr. Pepper in an ice cold can.
7. I once won an individual amateur curling competition on a ski trip in Austria. I really don't know how I pulled that off. It was definitely beginners luck.

Have a great Memorial Day weekend (if you live in the U.S.)  and be safe where you are!





1 comment:

  1. THANKS for mentioning my blog in your post and for the kind words about my site, Kim! I think it's awesome that you taught English overseas. I also think that the story about you and your husband's boat crash could be an interesting premise for a story. You take care.

    ReplyDelete