Sunday, March 27, 2011

Chicken Soup For The Soul Finalist

Just found out Friday that I have a second teen Chicken Soup for the Soul story in the finalist round for upcoming books. I'm shocked! They've published a few of my stories, but I'm always stunned when positive writing news comes my way. I'm sending the second contract off soon. Fingers crossed these stories make the final cut.

I love writing anthology stories. Cup of Comfort is another publication I've published with. Unfortunately, they are retiring these books.  If you're interested in writing for Chicken Soup for the Soul, check out their writers' guidelines on their website and possible book titles.

Have a great week!

6 comments:

  1. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim,

    Congratulations! I am also a finalist in this Teen book, so I'll keep my fingers crossed for us both. Hopefully, come July, we'll be able to read each other's stories!

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, Jill! Fingers crossed all around. Hope all of our stories make the final cut!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard from a couple other finalists for the Teen book that they received their story proofs either last week or yesterday and that CS is trying to wrap things up by this Friday. I hope you received your proofs or receive them this week. I've been checking my mailbox both days this week and have found nothing yet. Fingers are definitely crossed for us all.

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. I received mine last week, too. But, it might take them a while to send out proofs since there are many stories included in the book. I haven't heard anything about them wrapping things up on Friday. Fingers crossed you'll receive your proofs soon!

    ReplyDelete