Sunday, December 19, 2010

Merry Christmas!

Saturday afternoon my critique group partner and dear friend, Maria Veres and I drove to Chandler to attend our Oklahoma SCBWI chapter's Christmas party. She always makes the boring drive to Chandler FUN. We giggle a lot and get there in no time! She's one of the funniest people I know. Oh, and she brought me delicious banana pineapple bread and a dozen fresh eggs from her own chickens. I'm blessed to have her as my friend.

Although this is a blurry photo (it was clear on my iPhone), you can still see the cool colors of those eggs:




The party was held at our Regional Advisor's house, Anna Myers. We all had a great time eating too much delicious food and listening to each and every one's Christmas memories. Helen Newton Dunlap sang, "Mary Did You Know" a capella. That's one of my favorite Christmas songs. I held back tears listening to Helen sing that song. It was beautiful. I have so many Christmas favorites. But the one I remember most from my childhood is "Do You Hear What I Hear?" I still love it especially the version sung by the fabulous Carrie Underwood.

What are your Christmas song favorites?

Happy Holidays!  Wishing you much success in 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment