Thursday, August 19, 2010

School's Back In Session

"Lord, Thank you for a wonderful summer with my children. We made memories to last a lifetime. And thank you for school starting back up next week. Amen."

The quote above is what my cuz wrote on her facebook page last week. Amen, sister! I couldn't agree more. My kids went back to school TODAY. My sadness didn't last long. They started fighting, and I quickly shooed them out the door.

Excuse me while I do a happy dance --to "Back in the Saddle Again". Aerosmith, baby. Your kids back in school, too? Bored out of your mind? In need of caffeine? Feel free to dance with me, people. Air guitars welcome. Goooo.

I'm saddling up to my regular writing schedule. Yeehaw! I did get some sporadic writing and research done over the summer thanks to sports day camps and awesome grandparents. I'm working on several new projects that I'm super excited about. Even got lost on one of my research excursions. Knew something was wrong when all I was passing was hay bales and cows. Maps on my iphone saved me. Getting lost in farmland for research is worth it. Good thing I didn't roll down my windows, though.

Also attended a way cool online writing conference at Writeoncon.com. And it was FREE. If you missed it, you can still check it out. You'll even find recorded transcripts of live chats from editors and agents. Some of my favorite sessions were Give Yourself Permission by editor Molly O'Neill  (inspiring), Writing With a Real Life by author Lindsey Leavitt (funny, quirky, down-to-earth gal, love people like her). The live chats were wonderful, too.  But really, it was ALL fabulous. The conference was so well-received, they are planning a Write On Con two next year. I'll definitely be back...in my PJ's, curled up in my comfy chair, with a nice cup of tea (saying that last tea bit in my corny British accent). What a great way to enjoy a conference.

I did read, of course. Read through The Chronicles of Narnia series again (still working on that, think I missed some as a kid), plus new books as well. Have some definite favorites.

Hope you had a summer full of fun memories with those you love and great reads. If you're interested, I'll share some HIGHLY recommended books with you in upcoming posts...

No comments:

Post a Comment